Skip to content

Programs : Brochure

This page is the brochure for your selected program. You can view the provided information for this program on this page and click on the available buttons for additional options.
  • Locations: Los Angeles, United States
  • Program Terms: Fall Term, Spring Term
  • Homepage: Click to visit
Dates / Deadlines:
Dates / Deadlines:
Term Year App Deadline Decision Date Start Date End Date
Spring Term 2018 04/02/2018
Rolling Admission 04/01/2018 31/03/2018
Spring Term 2019 05/02/2019 ** Rolling Admission 07/01/2019 16/06/2019
Fall Term 2019 15/09/2019 ** Rolling Admission TBA TBA

** Indicates rolling admission application process. Applicants will be immediately notified of acceptance into this program and be able to complete post-decision materials prior to the term's application deadline.

Indicates that deadline has passed
Fact Sheet:
Fact Sheet:
Contact Audencia: John Harland ( Score TOEFL minimum requis: 100 or Above
GPA (Moyenne): 3 Langues à maitriser: English
Thématiques des cours à choisir: Business Management ONLY Université ouverte: No
Frais de scolarité: $5,500-$7,500
Program Description:

Description de l'université                     Cours et Crédits                     Modalités de séjour      


Description de l'université


Fact Sheet
UCLA Brochure.pdf

Dates (à titre indicatif)

Automne (sem. 5)

25/09/2017 - 17/12/2017


08/01/2018 - 01/04/2018


  • Descriptif de l'université

Study Abroad at UCLA is designed for students who want to spend a quarter or more at a top-ranked American university, earn credit that they can transfer to their home university, and experience life in Southern California. Our program gives you the option of enrolling in daytime UCLA undergraduate courses with UCLA students, in evening UCLA Extension courses with students and working professionals, or a combination of UCLA and UCLA Extension courses. In addition to enjoying the park-like UCLA campus and our year-round sunny climate, you’ll be amazed at how much Los Angeles has to offer: L.A. is a hub for international business; it’s the home of the film and entertainment industry; it’s famous for museums, theaters, and concert venues, and, with its incredible beaches, mountains, and deserts, it’s a destination for sports and leisure activities.

Founded in 1919, the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) is one of the most prestigious and top-ranked universities in the U.S. With a student population of more than 40,000, UCLA leads the UC system in enrollment rankings. The distinguished faculty includes Nobel Prize winners, Guggenheim Fellows, and members of the National Academy of Sciences. UCLA is also known for its libraries, prize-winning athletic teams, performing arts, and cultural offerings.

UCLA Extension Certificate Programs provide international students and working professionals with the knowledge and skills they need in their careers and personal lives.

Over 50 programs—in specialized fields such as filmmaking, marketing, graphic design, project management, journalism, and more—have been approved for F-1 visa students.
Academic Reputation: Upon completion of a UCLA Extension program, participants receive a certificate from one of the top universities in the United States. Our programs meet standards established by the University of California Academic Senate and are subject to the approval of UCLA Faculty and industry advisory groups.
Real-world Knowledge and Experience: The majority of Extension instructors are experienced professionals who are currently working in their fields of specialization. The courses they teach are usually directly related to what they do each day in their jobs.
Practical Application: Since many UCLA Extension participants are also working professionals, most courses place a strong emphasis on practical application. Networking with instructors and classmates with similar professional interests can help with internships and business opportunities.
Cross-Cultural Environment: Studying side-by-side with Americans ensures a high level of instruction and offers opportunities to increase cultural understanding and English-language proficiency.

Length of study and hours:

Programs typically consist of 9 to 12 courses over a period of nine months to one year.
Individual courses meet for about 12 weeks, usually in the evening, from 6:30 to 9:00pm or 7:00 to 10:00pm. For each 3-hour meeting, expect to spend 6-9 hours studying outside of class.
Most courses carry 4 units of credit and meet 3 hours per week. International students must enroll in at least 12 units per 12-week quarter to be considered full-time students and qualify for an F-1 visa.


Candidacy Fee: various (2nd column -
Tuition: 20% on “Est. Total Cost” (3rd column -
International Student Fee: $2,000.00
ISO Express Mail: $40.00            
Health Insurance (Student Only): $510.00/quarter – subject to change

Cours et Crédits

UCLA Extension offers a wide variety of undergraduate and post-baccalaureate courses. Since only your home university can make decisions regarding transfer credit, you will need permission from your university to enroll in some UCLA Extension courses. In many cases, you can enroll in and pay for UCLA Extension courses before you arrive in Los Angeles. Although offering no degree programs, UCLA Extension is noted for its certificate programs, more than 50 of which meet international student visa requirements. Thus, a large number of Americans and international students take courses leading to certificates in specific fields such as Accounting, Marketing, Real Estate, Project Management, Systems Analysis, Interior Design, Cinematography, Journalism, and more; visit for a complete list of programs. UCLA Extension courses and instructors are approved by UCLA departments. The majority of UCLA Extension instructors are working professionals who are experts in their fields. The courses they teach are directly related to what they do in their jobs. Those who enroll in UCLA Extension courses are usually working professionals and international students who already have one or more university degrees. UCLA Extension courses focus on practical application and provide professionals and students with the knowledge and skills they need for their careers.

A savoir:

Vous devez parfois vous acquitter de l'achat de livres, manuels, accessoires informatiques et autres fournitures.  Lorsque possible, achetez ou louez des livres d'occasion. Des sites Internet tels et constituent de bons choix pour acheter des livres d'occasion. Vous économiserez beaucoup d'argent. Vous pouvez aussi revendre vos livres une fois le cours terminé. De nombreuses librairies universitaires organisent une journée de rachat. De telles journées sont pratiques, mais en fonction des manuels et de la période de l'année, vous pouvez envisager de vendre vos livres en ligne.​​


Modalités de séjour


  • Conseil aux voyageurs
  • Procédure à suivre
A completed Study Abroad application.
A readable copy of your passport page clearly showing your name, date of birth, and photograph (If applicable, a clear copy of your spouse’s / dependents’ passport page(s) if they will come with an F-2 visa)
A copy of the enrollment confirmation for the nonrefundable $300 application fee. You will receive this confirmation by email when you pay the application fee online.
Financial Certification (must be dated within 60 days from the date your application is received).

Verification of Bank Funds (must be in English)
Sponsor Statement (must be in English)

A completed and signed Proposed Study Plan
If you plan to take UCLA Extension x400-level courses, you must submit a permission to enroll form from your home university.
Official iBT (TOEFL) results sent by TOEFL to UCLA Extension (School Code 4910-0000); you can send your Academic IELTS results to UCLA Extension directly.
Official university transcripts in English
A letter of recommendation from your home institution, department, or academic adviser
A written statement of purpose.

Health Insurance—UCLA medical insurance fee is included in the program fee and is required for each student enrolled in Study Abroad and any dependents, if applicable. Under the insurance plan, you can use UCLA medical facilities and services. Coverage begins on the first day of the quarter and ends one week after the last day of the quarter.

Transcripts and Certificate

Upon satisfactory completion of your program, you will receive a gold seal certificate and be eligible to attend the annual late spring graduation ceremony. Official UCLA Extension transcripts will be available at the end of each academic quarter. The transcript will report all of your UCLA and UCLA Extension courses as well as the grades and academic credit that you earned for each course.
  • VISA
Complete an Application: Send in your enrollment application to be a full-time student in a UCLA Extension program—American Language Center, Certificate, or Study Abroad. (Each program has its own application.)
Obtain an I-20: After successfully completing your application, we will send you an I-20, Certificate for Eligibility for Nonimmigrant F-1 Student Status. If you plan to bring dependents (a spouse or children) you will need an I-20 for each person.
Pay the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) fee:  This $200 fee pays for the system that keeps track of students entering the United States. Learn more here or pay online at After a few days, you will receive a receipt, the I-901; keep this receipt. If you need to receive the I-901 more quickly, you can pay an additional fee for courier delivery.
Find the closest U.S. embassy or consulate:  Check the U.S. Department of State list of embassies or consulates for the one nearest to you in your home country.  Click on the location. The information page will display a tab for Visas. Select Non-immigrant Visas and electronically complete the Online Non-immigrant Visa Application, form DS-160.  Also, upload a photo of yourself and print a confirmation “bar code” page. Keep this page.
Pay your visa application fee: Also known as the MRV (Machine Readable Visa) fee, the cost is $140 for you and $140 for each dependent who will enter the U.S. with you. Payment instructions vary, so follow the instructions given by the consulate or embassy where your interview will take place. Keep a receipt.
Schedule your appointment: Instructions and wait times vary at different consulates and embassies for student visa appointments. They can be found at Travel.State.Gov; look under Visas, Temporary Visitors and Visa Wait Times.

  • Logement

You are responsible for arranging your own accommodations directly with the housing provider of your choice. • International students typically live off campus, usually in privately-owned residence halls, homestays, or furnished apartments. • A list of housing options is available on our website (